Friday, July 13, 2012

The Word

the Word was first
before
even me
before
even Him

a seed-thought
born in the heart of God
swelling and pulsing
ripe with all that
is
or
ever would be

then
that Word was spoken
holy breath blown across
dust
and
there was life

and there was light

a light whose
silhouette
burned life
despite
the darkness

and the darkness
like an ocean
engulfed
and
raged

yet still
there was light

because the Word and the light
they
live

and
like seeds
they have been planted
in my depths
and
woven together
in my secret places
and
they take root

as creation spins
and the heavens twirl
I am grafted into something
bigger

and
it is in the splicing
in the splintering
that I am
made
true

because
that is where 
my story begins





Although not an official Five Minute Friday,
I am linking up with The Gypsy Mama today.


1 comment:

  1. Another eloquent piece. Another gift to the rest of us. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Your cuz, Lori

    ReplyDelete