Friday, June 29, 2012

Fibonacci's number


The flower emerges, opening wide its petal arms and, just like that, Jesus has come again.
The seed head stands gallant, reaching skyward, a star burning at its core.

It was there from the beginning, you know
at the very planting of the seed,
the miracle.

Of pattern and spiral and dancing coils.

Before the flower grew skyward, or opened itself to the eyes of the world
a mystery was embedded within.
A figure of beauty and grace
seeds lining up just so
going on to tell stories and ring out glory
yes?


And if I were to look deeply 
might I begin to see that same joy tattoo
everywhere?


In the birds and the bees and the sycamore trees
a dripping spiral
of utterly wondrous magic.




3 comments:

  1. Holly, I love the way you write. I always enjoy coming to your blog. Your pictures, your words are always so genuine and beautiful to me. Thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jazzed that you stop by... love your blog name...anything associated with Mary Oliver instantly wins my affection...
      I will most definitely spend more time over at your place.
      Thank you so much for your words.

      Delete
  2. I also love the art that goes along with your blogs. It makes me want to spend time with y'all. If only there was a way. But thank God for facebook. We can still keep in touch. It's the next best thing to being there.

    ReplyDelete