Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{ A Month of Thanks } Grace


































I am thankful for grace.

Even though I still don't fully understand its mystery, it is there.
Its very nature is to doggedly
pursue me,
chase me,
find me,
and
bombard me.

I cannot escape, even if I wanted to.

And sometimes I do want to.

Because, sometimes
the stain is so permanent,
the brokenness so profound
that
to be found would prove fatal
so
I would rather run and run until the stitch in my side becomes more real than the pain I face
and
so I simply stumble
and
fall further away from everything.

Crazy that such a choice seems easier
but
in the darkness one does not have clear vision.

And then comes grace.

Quietly,
sweetly,
simply
it comes.

And what defies all reason is that this gift of grace that comes
requires nothing of me.

Nothing.

It comes because it can't help itself.

Wrapped in a raiment of dripping love it
rescues me
and
ransoms me
and
restores me.

It "finds the beauty in everything"
and
I am forever
changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment